Monday, January 2, 2012

Broccoli and Mushroom Egg "Muffins"

For our Christmas morning breakfast, I needed something quick and easy. When I spied these Broccoli and Sausage Egg Muffins on Pinterest, I knew I could change them up to meet our tastes. I substituted mushrooms for the sausage because I LOVE mushrooms!


image

Here’s what you’ll need:
1 small bag of frozen broccoli, thawed
1 carton fresh mushrooms (I used sliced Portabella)
8 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 T vegetable oil
1/2 T  baking powder
shredded cheddar


image
Preheat your oven to 375.
Sauté mushrooms until tender. Add thawed broccoli during the last minute or so, then remove from stove.
Whisk together eggs, milk, oil, and baking powder. Add in other spices to your taste preference.
Spoon equal amounts of the broccoli/mushroom mixture into a greased 12 cup muffin tin.
Pour equal amounts of the egg mixture over the veggies and top with some shredded cheddar.
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
These were so good!


image

You can see in the pic above that I didn’t have enough egg mixture for all 12 muffins, but that’s because I poured too much in the first two! It kind of glopped out on me when I first poured it. There was definitely enough for all 12.


This recipe can easily be changed to fit your family’s tastes. Anything you put in an omelet can go in these muffins. I think I might try a Southwestern spin on them for my next recipe! 
Let me know if you try them!



Photobucket

Linking up to some of these fabulous parties! Tatertots & JelloBetween Naps on the PorchMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaSerenity NowMommy By Day Crafter By NightThe 36th AvenueThe DIY ShowoffToday’s Creative BlogAt the Picket FenceHome Stories A to ZGingerbreadRemodelaholicThrifty Décor ChickThe CSI ProjectBeneath my HeartCrafty Scrappy Happy, Perfectly ImperfectOne Artsy Mama

No comments: